Boston Acoustics, a world-renowned manufacturer of high-performance loudspeakers, today introduced two new clever digital plug and play soundbar sets dramatically enhancing the TV audio experience.
Based on the success of the company’s highly-acclaimed line of home theater solutions, the new TVee Model 26 utilizes a slim soundbar and a matching wireless subwoofer to add powerful, room-filling sound and deep bass to any TV set. The soundbar itself can be mounted on the wall either above or below the TV, or can rest on any flat surface. It easily connects to the TV’s digital or analog output with just a single cable. Listeners can place the system’s wireless subwoofer anywhere in the room, even out of sight, which adds to the system’s convenience and flexibility. Users with limited space may opt for the twin, the TVee Model 10 soundbar, that comes without subwoofer but also gives an astonishing bass experience by smart digital audio processing. Both newcomers feature Boston’s intelligent remote function that learns the signal coming from a user’s existing remote, thereby controlling the TVee’s volume and mute commands without the need for an additional remote.
Boston Acoustic’s Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround (DOVS) technology recreates the cinema experience using sophisticated digital processing. It decodes and upgrades Dolby Digital signals to provide absolutely amazing sound effects by a dedicated Movie Mode from just those small soundbars. A dedicated Music Mode enriches audio from TV for concerts or any other audio source. For example CD-Player and portable media player can be connected to the Cinch or 3.5mm auxiliary input easily to expand the system. Whether watching TV or a movie, playing a game, or listening to music, the TVees simply lift every audio experience to a new level.
Boston Acoustics applied its years of experience with low-distortion, widebandwidth drivers to create the HHRT drivers featured in both new models. The light and rigid cones use a new and highly complex shape to reduce distortion, widen the “sweet spot”, and enhance dynamic performance. The Model 26’s wireless subwoofer’s 6 ½-inch down firing bass driver complements the rich audio experience delivered by the soundbar’s state-of-the-art, full range drivers.
Both, the Boston Acoustics TVee Model 26 (€399) and Model 10 (€229) bring powerful, quality, and dynamic audio to TV, movies, games, and music. They will be available in stores from September onwards in a black colour finish.
Boston Acoustics TVee technology at a glance:
- Sleek new design is less than 7,5cm deep and less than 8,5cm tall
- Designed to be used with any TV 32" or larger
- Soft-touch buttons on the front panel
- Optical digital input and Dolby Digital decoding
- Music Mode for enhanced music listening
- Digitally Optimized Virtual Surround (DOVS) mode for fantastic movie and TV experience
- Simple one-wire hookup for analog or digital input
- Simple remote control learning function - no new remote!
- Keyhole-style wall mounts are built in to the soundbar
- Boston Acoustics "HHRT" (Hyperbolic High Rigidity Transducer) driver technology
- Powerful wireless subwoofer with a high efficiency Class D amplifer (TVee Model 26 only)